"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Sick Baby Girl

Dear Daughter


Nothing says, “good morning Mama!” like exorcism-style vomiting. Seriously, in your 6 months of life you haven't  seen the movie yet, I promise, but you  opened your mouth and out it came  like you've been studying the retched scene of a green-faced Linda Blair for years. This is no spit-up, Macaroni, it’s a hose turned on high-stream-power-washer. A geyser, really. And I have to say I’m getting quite good at recognizing the strange puzzled look on your face a half second before it happens.


It’s sneaky, quick, and if you blink, you just might miss it, regret it, and never blink again. I’ve gotten so good, in fact, that I pat myself on the back at times like this morning where I was able to grab, flip and aim you away in one quick motion and not a drop ended up on either of us. Granted, we may have to start remembering not to pile things on the floor next to the bed like the unfortunate blanket, books, burp cloth and bottle of water that met their match this morning, but I still deem it a success considering no costume change was needed for either of us and we’re still enjoying our pjs.


For Now.


It's official. As confirmed by the Doc, you have your first 'Bug' ever and there is not much I can do about it. And it's killing me.


I wish I could take it away, wave a magic wand and make you feel better. But for now I’ve accepted that the best I can do is hold you close and keep you snuggly, dry, fed, and cozy warm. The laundry will wait, the dishes will wait, the wrappers and coffee mugs all over the place….aw who am I kidding, that was all there before you got sick.


You have  a sad little look in your eyes, when you eat. You can’t breathe so you throw up instead and when you cry, it’s not just an “I’m hungry” cry, it’s a painful “take it away, mama ’cause it hurts” cry and it’s breaking my heart.


I didn’t get any smiles from you yesterday which, along with the snuffly breathing and coughing and the desire to be held all day long (you, not me)…(OK fine, maybe me a little, too) tells me just how awful you're feeling. So I’m summoning all my happy  thoughts because I believe in the power of good energy and love…


Lets hope that you get better soon, and that Mama and Daddy don't get the 'Bug' either.


I love you little Girl
Always and Forever
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment