"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!!!

Dear Daughter,
You just turned six months old and I can hardly believe it!
Six months of exhaustion; six months of sleep deprivation, six months of feeling confused, worried, inadequate.
Six months of pure contentment; six months of complete delight, six months of fun, happiness, and wonder.
26 weeks of apprehension; 26 weeks of feeling distraught, fretful and flustered, wondering if I'll ever get it right.
26 weeks of joyfulness; 26 weeks of feeling elated, blissful and blessed, wondering how I ever lived without you.
183 days of trying to figure out my new, turned-upside-down life; 183 days of eating from-the-freezer-to-the-microwave meals, wondering if I'll ever have time to cook again.
183 days of relishing my new title and purpose, 183 days of happily not knowing what produce is in season or where the fancy spatula is.
4392 hours of my house being in a state of constant chaos, of my mind being in a continual state of anxiety…
4392 hours of my house being full of love and merriment, of my mind overflowing with thankfulness and gratitude…
Half a year. Half a year already! Half a year of feeling more love than I ever could have imagined bursting out of me with such speed and force I can hardly believe it. The best half a year of my entire life, dear daughter, and I can hardly wait for all the rest.
I Love You
Always and Forever
Mama xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Happy half-birthday to your sweet little girl. And happy half-year of momdom, which is every bit as messy and wonderful as you've captured here. ♥

    ~ Deb
    (who currently has something in her

    ReplyDelete