"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Wish For You..

Dear Daughter


Happy New Year Little Girl!


New Years Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish
 in the coming year. It's making a  commitment to oneself about 
 personal goals, projects etc. I usually swear I am going to exercise more, 
loose weight, take more time to volunteer or write more letters to friends and family. These are things I wish I could do. That's what a resolution is to me.
 Wishing. Dreaming. Hoping.


So here goes...


My Wish For You...



Is to Believe...Believe that all things are possible.
Believe that dogs are your best friends.
Believe that you are perfect just the way you are.
Believe that Grandma’s Mac n Cheese is the best food in the world.
Believe that crying helps.
Believe that you have gifts that nobody else has.
Believe that there will be someone to catch you when you fall.
Believe that you can do it.

Believe that people are usually good.
Believe in yourself….even if others don’t.

I want you to love yourself. With all your heart and with all your soul. There might be days when this is hard, and that’s okay. Just pick up where you left off the next day. Our time here on this beautiful earth is short, do with it what you want. Stop before you do things you think you should do just because other people are doing it. Listen to your heart and soul. It speaks to you in whispers often. I promise if you follow it you won’t be disappointed in the end.Who you are is who you are. And what’s important to you should be important to you, period. Don’t compromise your feelings and values. And if you do, I promise not to say, “I told you so”.


Dream Big! Whatever it is that you love, whatever it is that you are passionate about, do that! Even if you change your mind in a week. Try it on, see how you like it. You’ll never know until you try it out. Trust your craziest dreams. And it’s okay to be afraid. Fear is at the root of all of us. Admitting it is freeing and healing.
I Hope You...Give thanks. Keep your promises. Daydream. Sing out loud. Dance the night away. Surround yourself with beauty. Use the saying “And this too shall pass”. Laugh hysterically! Pick your battles. Communicate effectively. See things through. Set boundaries. Treat people how you want to be treated. Take your vitamins and eat healthy. Don’t Smoke! Take responsibility for your actions. Make a list of things you want to do in life and work toward them! 
And lastly my Dear Sweet Mackenzie, I wish you a life filled with every happiness. Including, of course, the joy of children. May they wake you up with a shrieking, growling, blubbering tantrum at 5:30 a.m.


I love you
Always & Forever
Mama


P.S. Here are the lyrics to one of Mama's favorite songs. It made me think of all these wishes, hopes and dreams I have for you. Enjoy!


My Wish ~RASCAL FLATTS

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

No comments:

Post a Comment