"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Monday, January 17, 2011

Your Home

 Dear Daughter

You came home today. Technically I guess it was yesterday as its' now about 2 O'clock in the morning. I was sitting here in bed unable to sleep. Just watching you sleep. Your father is next to  me, out like a light. You sleep like him you know. When your out, your out! Anyway, I was here, watching you and I started to cry. The good kind. Unfortunately "good" or "bad" cries end the same way. With a red blotchy face. My emotions, all my emotions are attached to my tear ducts. You get that from me. Sorry about that. :)

So I was there crying. Your just so small and fragile. Completely depending on us for everything. And for a moment I was just so scared. I want to do this right for you. The "Mom" thing. No , I need to do this right for you. For so long. I wanted to be a good wife and good mother. When we were told it couldn't ever happen. I was devastated. Guess we proved them wrong didn't we kid.

So me being me. I made a list. You'll notice in the future that I do that. A lot. I made a kind of check list.
  • Say I love you everyday! (even when I might not like you very much when your up at 3 am)
  • Kiss, hug and hold you.
  • Never fail to remind you how important you are. That YOU MATTER
And of course. The silly things... Always kiss you Good Night, read to you, sing silly songs, braid your hair, count your bruises and name your freckles if you get any. ( Your Poppy used to do that everyday)

What I'm trying to say is. I guess. I can promise you there will be times when your not happy with me. That one or both of us will walk away from the other thinking "Your Impossible". But I can also promise you I will always listen. I will always try my hardest.
Most of all. I will love you for as long as I live, and beyond.

I Love you Little Girl
Always and Forever
Mama

Written: 07/21/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment