"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You Smiled Today

Dear Daughter

We had a pivotal moment today. All mothers know it. It's that one just before 6 am. When I feel just so exhausted that I want to cry and that all the coffee in Columbia wont make me a morning person at this point. I am praying to everyone who will listen for you to give me just 5 more minutes of sleep, but of course that wont happen. So I threw off the covers, tip toed over to your bassinet and peaked over the edge. You turned your head and looked at me. Not in my direction, but AT ME.

Then you smiled.

You smiled! I assure you it wasn't one of those "I've got gas" smiles that people say. It was a "Your Here!" smile. Your eyes lit up, your cheeks puffed out and your little dimples popped to the surface. (You get them from me you know) There you were kicking your little legs. Swinging your arms, and all I could think was. This is it. This is my reason for living. It's her.

Just thought you should know because it was a  moment for me.This was the moment that I knew that you could wake me up at 6 am everyday for the rest of your life and I would feel blessed beyond measure.

I Love You Little Girl
Always and Forever
Mama

Written: 08/22/2010

2 comments:

  1. Shannon I love your blog. It's so sweet and personal and wonderful for Mackenzie to know. As a mother I completely relate to you as well. Keep up the precious moments and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kindra. I really enjoy doing it. It all started with a Diary that I will keep these in for hard copy, and for her to have later. I hope she enjoys them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete