"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Remind Me to Tell You About...

Dear Daughter

There are so many things I want to tell you about and things I want to remember. Remind me later to tell you the details.

Like the day your father and I found out that you were "Under Construction" (celiac disease my butt!)
Or the first time we heard your heart beating and cried.
The first time Daddy felt you move in side my belly.
Or the first time we saw my tummy move. Very Creepy...in a lovable and scary sort of way.
There were the hours that I spent just fascinated with your movement. (somersaults and kicks too)
And the crazy "WOW" feeling of realizing you really are in there. Against all the odds.

I want to tell you about who we told about you first.
And how we picked your name.
I want to show you pictures of the changes you caused in me.
And how excited I was to get "badges of honour" or stretch marks.

My cravings, moodiness and obsessions are a story and a half.
And you need to hear how spoiled you were before you even entered the world.
I want to tell you of how you were conceived out of so much love between your Daddy and I. (even thought the Ick factor might put you off)

And then, soon anyways, I will be able to tell you of how you were born.
With luck,( and a lot of drugs ) you will enter the world happy and whole. Ten fingers and Toes.

But all of this can wait. They'll make good bedtime stories.

I love you Little Girl
Always and Forever
Mama

Written: 06/18/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment