"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Sunday, January 25, 2015

First Day Of School

Dear Daughter

Well...Today's the day.
Your first day of school.

This morning your Daddy woke me up and I climbed in next to you, just to watch you sleep. As I like to do. I knew I should wake you, there were a hundred things to do, but I wanted. ..No, needed... a few more precious moments before you embarked on this new chapter in your life. A new adventure that wony always include me in it. One where you'll grow and learn abd become the woman you were meant to be.

And my heart hurts.
Because I was laying there thinking of all the things we haven't done together. All the things I should have taught you. All the words I should have said and all the stories I should have read.

And my heart hurts.
Because it seems over night you've become so big and brave and independent. And wasn't it just yesterday that I held you in my arms, so small and delicate?! Overwhelming me with love and alllll the feelings!

And my heart hurts.
Because in another few seconds I knew you would open your eyes and I would have to brush my tears away, take a deep breath and begin this monumental day.

So this morning we walked hand in hand. Bellies full of oatmeal and chattered all the way to your class. Your cowgirl boots clip clopped, (of course you wore them!) And every few feet you'd skip in delight and sing "We're going to school! I'm starting school today!" We spoke of all the exciting things you'd learn this year...The friends you'd make...And what I would possibly do with allll my free time! (According to you; read, crochet, laundry and eat cereal out of the box because I didn't have anyone to cook for! )

We walked in, and before you ran off to play I held you close, kissed your face and whispered my I Love Yous. One. More. Time.

As you ran off, Introducing yourself as Macaroni Pyle...I recalled this morning when you finally opened your eyes...The first thing you said to me..."Mornin Momma. Woo hoo! Its the first day of school!" And being my girl you just know me..."Dont be sad Momma. If you get scared all by yourself, just look down the street. And I will see you soon!"

And my heart hurt.
But I took a deep breath, smiled and looked forward to our next adventure.

I love you Baby Girl
Always and Forever
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment