"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Mark For Every Breath You Took...

Dear Daughter


When you were born, you changed our lives in so many way. You made me love more, sleep less, have more patience, and be more creative. You made me be thankful for the little things. Count my blessings. Brush off negative thoughts and be who I am, to the best of my ability.  I became your mama the moment I learned you were coming. From that day on, I promised to do my best. I also learned that I'm not perfect. Far from it. I have faults, I get mad and  make mistakes. But I learn from them. 


Another change you made in  me is a little more visual. I laugh more. Smile more. I have creases on  my forehead from worry, and lines on my face from how absolutely, outrageously happy I am. And lower, on my tummy, where only you, my sweet baby girl, heard my heart beating, you left your mark there too.


There's a mark for every breath you took. Every blink. Every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb.Waved hello. Rolled around. And slept in the most perfect darkness. There's one for every hiccup, every smile and every dream you dreamed within me. 


I've got a mark for every worry, and trust me, there were a few. One for every kick, stretch and push. One for each of your perfect little toes, fingers, ears and nose. Clearly outlined in those first few photo's. 




I watched my body swell. Grow round. Create magic.
My feet were gone from sight, clothes didn't fit and from now till forever, my tummy wont be the same. You left your mark. Some call them stripes or badges of honor. Some might think they're ugly. But not me.


No, not me. These marks are there to remind me how much you wanted to be here. What a miracle you are. They show my pride, and my love. They adorn that special place that held you, when my arms couldn't.... yet. They are there forever. Now light silver lines, that once were raw and red. 


And I'd do it all over again, because those marks.....they'd mean I'd have you.


I love you my sweet baby girl.
Always & Forever
Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment