"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever...

... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."



- Meet Joe Black


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Home pt1

Part 1


Dear Daughter


We are Moving!
Recently Daddy and I  have been discussing the need for more space. Actually, more space for you and all the things you have accumulated since you were born. Surprisingly, there is A LOT :) We found a house that meets all our needs, and as a bonus, its very close to friends, parks, the library and bus stops. Now to start packing. I don't mind it. We have moved quite a bit so I have a routine down. I pack things according to items and the room they go to. Daddy packs things that say "Our Stuff". (who's else's would it be I wonder)


I sat on the floor of your room yesterday and went threw all of your clothes. I folded little pants and onesies, matched socks and slippers and felt a little yearning inside for the so tiny little girl we had in the beginning. I held up a favorite outfit of mine, (the purple Winnie The Pooh overalls) and wondered where the time has gone. You used to fit into that. You used to fit along my one arm while I fed you. I thought you were so fragile, like glass. Now its hard to believe your the length of the pillow I lay you on. I see you learn something new everyday and I am so very proud.


I have a request. Don't grow up too fast Little Girl. Enjoy this time well you can. Now is the time for kisses, cuddles and hugs just because. Bedtime stories, lullabies and Eskimo kisses. The time for being afraid of the dark and sleeping with Mama and Daddy. And when  the time is right, and you want to be a big girl; I promise to let you. I promise not to hold to tight when I bring you to school, not to cry (in front of you) when you have your first sleep over, and to let you do things on your own.


But every once in a while, if you could let me just hold on to you. Smell your hair and rub noeses and remind me, that you'll always be my little girl. That would mean the world to me.


I love you Little Girl
Always and Forever
Mama


written: November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment